33.35 Hours per Week
Shipston High School is recruiting a Science Technician who will, under the direction of the Head of Department, provide a dedicated technician support service, meeting health and safety standards and the requirements of classes involved.
Main responsibilities include:
- preparing resources and assembling apparatus;
- obtaining materials, monitor and maintain necessary stock levels;
- giving technical advice to teachers and students;
- carrying out risk assessments for technician activities;
- assisting in practical classes and carrying out demonstrations;
- ensuring the maintenance of a healthy & safe working environment;
- keeping up to date with current procedures and practices through continuing professional development;
- contributing to the design, development and maintenance of specialist resources;
- ensuring the routine and non-routine checking, cleaning, maintenance, calibration, testing and repairing of equipment to the required standard.
Qualification and Person Specification
- A minimum of GCSE A-C (or equivalent) in numeracy and literacy and a science subject;
- Willingness to attend at relevant in-service training;
- Previous relevant experience desirable;
- Be aware of or is willing to learn H&S regulation, e.g. HASAW, CLEAPSS and COSHH guidelines;
- Able to carry out procedures, routines and follow instructions;
- Understand and able to use equipment, machinery;
- Have good organisational skills;
- Able to maintain records;
- Able to use computer and operate appropriate software packages;
- Can take initiative;
- Able to interpret information, make judgements and solve problems within own sphere of expertise but has access to manager/supervisor on unusual or difficult problems
Additional Information & How to Apply
Shipston High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please download the application pack from the school website www.shipstonhigh.co.uk All interested applicants please check the school website for further details about this position.
Closing Date: 21 May 2019