Head of Mathematics - St. Michael's CE High School
This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding and enthusiastic mathematician with the vision and experience to play a key role in leading a hard-working and successful team, committed to high levels of achievement. "Strong leadership of mathematics is one of the key reasons that pupils' progress in the subject is improving rapidly" (Ofsted: November 2017).
"St Michael’s is an oversubscribed, good school: "the headteacher and senior leaders provide strong leadership…morale is high…consequently, the school continues to improve" (Ofsted: November 2017).
Rated outstanding for Personal Development and Welfare, Ofsted noted that "Pupils behave well in lessons … they are smartly dressed, polite and courteous. They are very proud of their school".
Ofsted also noted the following:
• The school is calm and orderly throughout the school day. At breaktime and lunchtime, [students] behave maturely and show consideration for others
• Teaching is consistently strong across subjects
• Relationships in classrooms are warm and respectful
• Pupils are confident learners. They are keen to do well, they work hard and take pride in their work. They listen attentively to their teachers and to each other
• Pupils demonstrate caring and welcoming attitudes to each other, to staff and to visitors.
You will be part of a well-resourced department and a team of dedicated and passionate practitioners committed to providing a high-quality education for students of all abilities across the school.
We are committed to providing excellent CPD for Middle Leaders and offer the accredited National Awards for Middle and Senior Leaders (NPQML and NPQSL).
You will have:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• A passion for Mathematics and the ability to share this with young people
• The ability to teach Mathematics up to GCSE
• A successful track record of raising Mathematics attainment and progress for pupils of all abilities
• The ability to lead and inspire others, as well as the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
• A resilient and solution focused attitude, looking for positive outcomes
We will offer you:
• A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
• Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in and around the school
• High quality continuing professional development
• A professional and hardworking support team of staff with the capacity and commitment to raise student achievement even further.
Closing date: Tuesday 21st May 2019 at noon
Selected candidates informed by: Tuesday 21st May 2019 (evening)
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 23rd May 2019
If you wish to discuss the requirements of the role, please contact the PA to Headteacher at school on 0121 561 6881.
Application forms and further details are available from the school. Completed application forms should be returned to the Headteacher Headteacher@st-michaels.sandwell.sch.uk at the school.
St Michael’s Church of England High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS clearance.
MPR/UPR (£23,720 - £39,406) + TLR1c (£11,477) + Golden Hello of up to £2,000 for an outstanding candidate
Curral Road, Rowley Regis B65 9AN
Tuesday 21st May 2019 at Noon