Fundraising and Development Lead
Fundraising and Development Lead
Place of Work: Worcester but may be necessary to travel across West Mercia and national locations when required
Hours of work: 22.5-37.5 hours; flexible working considered
Duration of contract: Initial 2-year contract
Starting salary: £29,636 - 31,371 subject to experience
Application closing date: 14th June 2019
Interviews: 26th and 27th June 2019
Leave entitlement: 26 days plus bank holidays (pro rata) increasing to 31 after 5 years continuous service
Pension contributions: 3% employer contributions
Responsible to: CEO and/or Operations Manager
West Mercia Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre (WMRSASC) is a registered charity that was established within Worcestershire in 1986 and expanded to Herefordshire in 2011. WMRSASC is a specialist sexual violence organisation providing a range of support services to survivors of all forms of rape and/or sexual abuse.
Our Vision: “All survivors of sexual violence receive the support they need, when they need it, for as long as they need it”
Decision making principles: “We balance the needs of the client, the team and the organisation in every decision we make in order to provide the best service we can for survivors”.
About the role
Having grown substantially over a number of years this well established and respected organisation is looking for a self-motivated and experienced Fundraising and Development Lead to lead us into our next phase of growth. This is an entirely new post, formed at an exciting time of targeted growth for the organisation.
The Fundraising and Development Lead will work with our CEO and Operations Manager to lead on income generation for the charity, including setting and managing the fundraising income and expenditure budget, reviewing performance, and researching and bringing on new fundraising campaigns and activities to grow income. As well as developing our community fundraising activities, the post holder will help us diversify our income streams through developing our membership and individual giving, building on our corporate relationships to increase income and identifying grants.
- Maximise income generation through community fundraising, individual donations, events, and corporate sponsorship and grant applications.
- Meet financial targets and assist in the charity’s growth.
- Develop and implement the fundraising strategy in line with the Business Plan.
- To contribute to the development of the organisation.
- Management of the volunteer team.
- Significant senior fundraising experience within the charity sector
- Proven track record of delivering fundraising success
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills, ideally gained in the corporate or high net worth individuals’ arenas, but with the ability to develop and flex across into other fundraising sectors
- In-depth knowledge of fundraising best practice
- Knowledge of programme design, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Successfully raised funds from major donors
- Experience of building capacity and sharing knowledge
- Proven experience of and ability to plan effectively at the organisational level
- Experience of developing and implementation of strategic plans
- Experience of budgeting and managing resources
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent computer and IT skills
- Educated to degree level or higher
- Able to manage a team
You may have experience of the following: Fundraising Manager, Fundraiser, Fundraising Executive, Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Assistant, Senior Fundraiser, Business Development, Sales, Account Manager, NFP, Third Sector, Charity, etc.
Please note this role will not provide any direct services to clients.
For an application pack please email email@example.com.