Grade Leadership 16 - 23
To start September 2019 or January 2020
Unique Headteacher opportunity in a primary & secondary setting
A rare chance to lead a dynamic community Middle school
We are looking to appoint an inspiring, experienced and motivated Headteacher with a passion for education, who is also able to focus on the well-being of our children and our teaching and leadership team.
With 423 children in years 5, 6 & 7 on roll at Witton Middle School, this is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in a setting that bridges the primary and secondary curriculums.
It is crucial to us that the leader we appoint will be committed to continuing to move our school forward, working with our dedicated leadership team and committed teachers.
Our current Headteacher is re-locating and we consider this an exceptional opportunity for a senior leader with the skill and ambition to inspire and make a difference to our whole school community.
Our new Headteacher will:
- Have proven senior leadership experience within a primary or secondary setting
- Show confidence, vision & skills to lead the continued improvement of our school
- Be an ambitious and inspirational leader, able to motivate and empower staff and children to achieve their full potential
- Have a determination to raise standards across the school and the ability to do so effectively
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community
- Be innovative and forward thinking, working well with technology
- Inspire a passion in others to create leaders at every level throughout the school
- Be wholly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Have an analytical, robust and strategic approach to school improvement
- Care passionately about children and their development, maintaining high expectations for attainment and progress
- Promote an open, fair and equitable culture
- Demonstrate gravitas and command of an audience when presenting to large groups
- Have strong teaching and classroom skills
- Be able to implement change whilst balancing continuous improvement with a respect to staff and their wellbeing.
In return, we can offer:
- The opportunity to further develop a ‘good school’
- A welcoming school community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents and governors
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
- The challenge of taking our school to the next level
- A close knit, experienced and committed staff team
- A knowledgeable, engaged and committed governing body.
Visits welcome by prior arrangement on 4th, 5th, 11th or 12th June 2019. For further details, please contact Marie Smith, School Business Manager at SBM@witton.worcs.sch.uk
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS will be required for this position.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms: 12 midday Monday 17th June 2019
Interviews will be held on Thursday 27th & Friday 28th June 2019.
Witton Middle School,
Old Coach Road,