Teaching Assistant x 2 - The Reginald Mitchell Primary School
Executive Head teacher: Mrs A. Rourke
We are seeking to appoint 2 enthusiastic and experienced permanent full time (term time) Teaching Assistants to work within our team from the 1st September 2019. The key stage and class will be dependent on the experience and preference of the successful applicants.
You must be experienced in working with primary aged children in a school setting and would ideally hold a level 3 qualification or equivalent.
You will need to demonstrate:
• your ability to work as part of a very enthusiastic team
• commitment, flexibility and energy
• excellent behavioural management skills
• a sound knowledge of either the KS 1 or 2 national curriculum and assessment
• to be willing to undertake suitable training for your own professional development.
Your responsibilities will include:
• supporting the teacher in the development and implementation of intervention programmes
• assisting in maintaining classroom discipline through the implementation of the schools behaviour management strategies
• providing support to pupils to achieve learning goals e.g. leading guided reading and phonic sessions
• supervising pupils for a particular curriculum activity under the guidance of a qualified teacher
• assisting the teacher with the planning of learning activities
• assisting with the day to day routines of a classroom
• assisting the teacher in monitoring pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed.
The closing date for this post will be Friday 14th June and interviews will take place during the week beginning Monday 24th June 2019
Visits to the school are highly recommended. Please contact the school office to make an appointment.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.