£28785.00 - £37849.00 pro rata p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
18.5 Hours per Week
We are looking for a Children's Disability Social Worker who is enthusiastic and passionate about changing the lives of vulnerable children, young people, their families and carers.
As a social worker in Solihull you will benefit from manageable caseloads, an inclusive and supportive team culture and great scope for professional development. In your first month, we will agree a personal development plan with you, which will include access to our high quality internal training programme and our Continuous Professional Development framework. Our practice framework is Signs of Safety and we will provide you with training and support regarding the framework, as required.
You will have:
- A professional Social Work qualification and HCPC registration or pending registration, or you will be in the final academic year of your professional Social Work qualification.
- Experience of working with children, young people and families with SEND.
- Sound knowledge of relevant childcare legislation, including a clear understanding of ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’.
- An ability to build effective relationships with children, young people and families.
In return, you will be part of a team where you will be really valued and you will have the opportunity to shape and improve the services we deliver to our diverse community.
We also offer:
- A clear career structure
- A competitive pay scheme which will recognise your experience
- Guaranteed monthly supervision
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Flexible working arrangements including flexi leave of up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements such as home working
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits and discounts
At Solihull, we have close partnerships across agencies in the borough. We are a small and friendly local authority with good relationships across the children’s social work service.
To apply please click the link below. If you have a specific question or would like further information about these opportunities please contact Simon Cooper, Assistant Team Manager or Nicki Forget, Team Manager on 0121 704 6690, who will be happy to answer your questions.
Interviews to be held on 13th June 2019.
This post will require a DBS check for regulated activity for working with children, and dependant upon the team, also for regulated activity for working with adults.
This post if covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification