Children and Young People’s Counselling Service Team Leader
WMRSASC has an exciting opportunity for a Children and Young People’s Counselling Service Team Leader to join their already established and experienced team of counsellors.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with children and young people and have an understanding of the nature and impact of sexual violence and experience of working with survivors. They will be required to work within a multi-agency setting to provide a counselling service to children and young people aged 5 years and over who are survivors of sexual violence. They will work in co-operation with the counselling services manager, mentoring and supporting staff and volunteers to deliver services offered by WMRSASC. They will hold a Level 4 or equivalent in counselling/psychotherapy and will hold professional membership and registration with a recognised professional body such as BACP.
- Support the development of service provision
- Provide mentoring and support training for counsellors and placement counselling
- Provide information for the development of policies and procedures
- Support inductions for newly recruited staff
- Support assessment and quality assurance reviews
- Undertake administrative duties associated with the post
- Support client group work
- Support and attend peer group skills sharing of resources
- Support the adult counselling service
- Manage an agreed caseload
The post holder will be required to work across West Mercia. The ability to travel is essential.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by WMRSASC.
Closing date for applications: 21st June 2019
Interviews will be held on: 3rd and 4th July 2019