Worcester is a great place to work. We have a thriving city centre, investment by cutting edge technology companies, a great wealth of history, a fantastic environment making it somewhere to be proud of.
Surrounded by beautiful countryside, Worcester has a history spanning more than 2,000 years. Its rich heritage includes the 12th Century Cathedral and the Guildhall admired by monarchs from King George III to Queen Elizabeth II. Worcester offers a high quality of life with its rich and varied heritage, award winning parks, excellent schools and diverse range of shops and restaurants.
The city enjoys a strong sporting reputation based on top flight cricket and rugby clubs, a centrally located racecourse and major annual running and cycling events. Worcester has a strong cultural and musical life and is the birthplace of Elgar, one of England’s most celebrated composers.
At Worcester City Council, we are committed to seeking excellence in everything we do as we strive for the coveted Investors in Accreditation standard.
Benefits to you:
• Generous holidays: 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 days with 5 years of local government service) plus an extra day at Christmas and 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
• Flexibility on working hours and flexi-time available where appropriate
• Secure, flexible and tax efficient pension scheme
• Support for training and professional development – be the best you can be
• Subsidised leisure facilities and employee discounts in local stores
• Wellbeing initiatives and free confidential employee assistance programme, available 24 hours a day
• Discounted parking
• Plus unlimited free teas and coffees for you to enjoy whilst you’re at work
An exciting opportunity has arisen across our Finance & People Services Team for a Part Time Payroll Assistant to join a key support function based at our Museum & Art Gallery.
As Payroll Assistant, you will be responsible for:
• Assisting with monthly payroll processing
• Responding to any employee pay or tax queries
• Calculating any absences, bonuses, etc when required
• Preparing payroll reporting
• Ensuring correct balances with HMRC, Pension & Employees (advances, expenses, etc)
• Assisting with any HMRC/Gov reporting requirements (P11D, PSA, Gender Gap, ONC, etc)
Previous experience in Payroll function, this can either be from a Finance, HR or Payroll specific role
Skills and experience
• Knowledge of Chris21 would be an advantage although training will be provided
• A good level of HMRC and tax-related experience would be a huge benefit
• A proven track record of completing tasks within set deadlines
• Possess high standards and maintain a professional approach to work
• Be highly organised and motivated
• Excellent customer care and communication skills in liaising with stakeholders
Average of 10 hours per week although this can be flexitime and hours can be focused more around monthly payroll processing times and less at other times to be agreed. Some flexibility is required as hours may fluctuate around payroll deadlines.
Closing Date: 20 June 2019
Interview Date: 2 July 2019
Role Profile - Payroll assistant