Teacher - Saxon Hill Academy
Salary: Teachers Main Scale 1 £23,719 + SEN £2,148
Employer: Shaw Education Trust
Contract Type: Full time, Fixed Term until 31 August 2020
Start date: September 2019
Here at Saxon Hill it is our mission to equip all our young people to take the lead in their own lives. To develop the skills, attitude and capability to lead the way; creating and enjoying every opportunity and confidently rising to each challenge life offers.
Required for September 2019, a dynamic and innovative classroom practitioner to teach children with wide ranging complex needs. We are interested in applications from newly qualified teachers, teachers with experience of special educational and physical needs, or those who are confident they can apply their mainstream experience imaginatively to meet the learning needs of our complex young people.
Saxon Hill is a vibrant and exciting place to work and study which currently caters for 101 children aged 2 to 19 years who have a wide range of physical, sensory, communication and learning needs.
We offer an opportunity to make a difference to young peoples’ lives and are looking for a teacher who
- is an inclusive and imaginative practitioner
- has experience of working with special needs learners or can demonstrate an aptitude and desire to learn and develop their expertise in this area
- is someone who has strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- is a strong team player
- is highly motivated and passionate to lead the way in raising standards by innovative practice
- can demonstrate a depth of understanding of a wide range of needs which includes complex physical and sensory and has an excellent knowledge of the teaching and learning approaches needed by our pupils.
- is able to inspire and motivate pupils, parents and staff.
In return we offer an excellent package of continual professional development and the opportunity to contribute to a school which embraces the change-agenda and seeks to change lives through high-quality educational outcomes.
Further information and application pack is available on by contacting Paula Harley email@example.com. Application deadline Friday 21st June 2019
Visits from potential applicants are also encouraged and should be arranged by contacting Maggie Candlish, Acting Deputy Principal on 01543-414892.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding the check are available from www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults.