It is an exciting time to join Warwick District Council’s Arts Section!
The Arts Section is part of the wider Cultural Services team at Warwick District Council and operates several key cultural facilities in Royal Leamington Spa including the Royal Spa Centre which is the district's only professional theatre. A medium size receiving house, it delivers a programme of theatre, drama, comedy, film and community events in its 667-seat main house and 188-seat studio theatre/ cinema. The Royal Pump Rooms in Leamington is a cultural and tourist attraction with services including Leamington Spa Art Gallery & Museum. The Arts team are also responsible for Leamington Town Hall, which has a mixture of tenants and has hireable spaces for community events.
We are searching for an experienced, creative and knowledgeable individual to join the team in the role of Arts Officer. Primarily based at the Royal Pump Rooms, the Arts Officer supports a variety of professional and community arts organisations based in the District through advice, advocacy and grant funding. The role is crucial in aiding the development of Warwick District’s creative sector and maximizes opportunities for communities to attend, participate in and benefit from Arts activities.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- The administration of the Council’s ‘Arts Grants’ and ‘Key Clients Grants’ schemes
- Being the Council’s first point of contact for artists and creative organizations working in the District, providing advice and support
- Providing networking and training opportunities and linking creatives and arts organizations via the Council’s Creative Forum scheme
- Working with colleagues within the Arts Section to deliver arts activities and to coordinate of specific projects
- Working with the Arts Section’s Programming & Marketing team to ensure sector initiatives and opportunities are effectively communicated to the public and the local creative sector
- Maintaining an overview of Arts activity in the District and to keep a centralized database of creative organizations, artists and freelancers, projects and venues
Closing date for applications: 19th June 2019
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Chloe Johnson, Collections & Engagement Manager, on 01926 742702