Head of Science Teacher - Churnet View Middle School
September 2019 start date desirable but negotiable
“A community focused on improvement, opportunity and success.”
Churnet View Middle School is an excellent 9-13 years middle school set in the beautiful surroundings of the Staffordshire Moorlands and at the heart of the community. Part of The Talentum Learning Trust, Churnet View Middle School offers exceptional opportunities for staff development and experience across other key stages and post 16 education.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an excellent school with a successful and highly supportive team. The school was deemed overall good at the last Ofsted report in February 2019. We are a successful, rapidly expanding middle school with a strong commitment to raising levels of attainment through a creative approach to the curriculum. We can offer a dedicated, friendly and hardworking team of staff and governors. As a school we place an emphasis on an enriched curriculum through extra-curricular clubs, first-hand experience and exciting events each term.
We are looking for an inspirational, dynamic and creative Head of Science Teacher to join our committed team from September 2019 or negotiable; an excellent classroom practitioner and department leader who can make learning exciting and enjoyable. The successful candidate will have experience of either KS2 or KS3 with a strong desire to raise attainment and aspirations in the field of Science.
We can offer you;
- a friendly, supportive staff
- a positive and caring ethos
- eager, interesting children
- excellent professional development opportunities
In return the successful candidate will be;
- able to develop excellent relationships in order to inspire, challenge and support
- able to demonstrate a proven track record of raising attainment
- able to demonstrate a commitment to all areas of school life
- responsible for planning, preparing, setting clear targets and assessing the learning needs of the children in your groups.
- well organised and have a strong commitment to team work.
- Enthusiastic, flexible and willing to contribute to extra- curricular activities
- willing to undertake all duties reasonably requested in a manner consistent with the aims of Churnet View Middle School.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further details or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact Mrs S Burgess, Bursar on 01538 384939 or email email@example.com
Applications from NQT’s are welcome.
An application form and supporting letter should be emailed for the attention of Mr S Fryer, Headteacher c/o firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date Friday 21st June 2019 12 noon.
The Trust is an equal opportunities employer committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and these positions are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Application deadline Friday 21st June 2019 12 noon
Interviews will be held on 26th June 2019