30.0 Hours per Week
We are looking for a personable, professional and approachable School Administrator to bring confidence, reliability and charisma to a busy infant school office.
The successful candidate will be able to establish positive relationships with all children, parents and members of staff. They will be comfortable making decisions and will be a problem-solver for all kinds of queries and requests; confident and able to think on their feet. They will be the first point of contact for Emscote Infant School, the welcoming face of the school and part of the small office team that is the centrepiece of the school community.
Excellent communication skills, coupled with sound ICT knowledge and the ability to adapt, are critical to this position.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Has excellent interpersonal skills, is fun and welcoming;
• Has excellent organisational and communication skills;
• Is a creative thinker who can think on their feet and find solutions to problems;
• Works well independently or as part of a team;
• Is committed to safeguarding and is trustworthy and discrete;
• Has high expectations of self and others;
• Ideally will have experience working in a school office;
• Preferably will have a good working knowledge of school administrative systems e.g. SIMS, Your HR etc..
• Management of the accurate upkeep of staff and pupil records;
• Management of pupil admissions arrangements;
• Effective and accurate completion of compulsory returns to DFE, LA etc. e.g. pupil and staff census etc.;
• Management of DBS procedures and processes;
• Management and administration of HR requirements;
• Management of communications with parents, including regular newsletter;
• Ad hoc minute taking for sensitive meetings as requested by Executive and / or Associate Head;
• Marketing – ownership of updates to website, Facebook, newspaper liaison etc.;
• Local lead for GDPR, ensuring data protection compliance;
• Overseeing and managing Office Assistant;
• Support Office Assistant with organisation of school trips; arranging transport and costings;
• Management and co-ordination of afterschool clubs;
• Management of online calendar and liaison with Federated Junior School;
• Working with Executive and / or Associate Head to ensure cover of absent staff;
• Arranging and tracking training requests and completion by school staff;
• Cash handling and banking;
• Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children.
Additional Information & How to Apply
The role is advertised on a part-time basis (30 hours per week), working Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3.30pm. Please do contact us if you would like us to consider alternative arrangements.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. This post subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Please feel free to contact the school if you would like to visit us or if you require any further information.
Emscote Infant School - 01926 491433 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit applications to email@example.com before the closing date.
The deadline for applications is 19th June 2019.
Interviews will take place on 26th June 2019.
Equality Details Form
Self Disclosure Form