Client Financial Services Assistant
Client Financial Services is a unique team responsible for generating over £48m of income and administering direct payments of £30.2m. As part of a city-wide function the team also handle the financial monitoring of over 2500 accounts, undertakes financial assessments for social care and support within non-residential and residential homes, and provides a money management service for vulnerable adults as well as those in residential care.
As part of Assessment and Support Planning, Client Financial Services covers a number of areas including Financial Assessment’s, Account Management, Client Money Management, Direct Payments, and is a source of advice and information for citizens and staff alike. Your main role will be to provide an efficient, effective and consistent Client Financial Service that meets the needs of the business and its recipients.
- Some previous experience of working in a financial environment.
- A basic understanding of the Department of Health Charging Regulations and guidance, relevant welfare reforms, National Assistance Act 1948 and the Care Act 2014.
- Knowledge of computerised systems i.e. Carefirst, Voyager, Microsoft Excel
- Effective communication skills: demonstrates an understanding of the views of others and communicates in a realistic and practical manner using appropriate language and medium, listens attentively to views and issues of others and responds to issues arising.
- Effective analytical skills: ability to absorb, understand and quickly assimilate information and compare information from a number of different sources. Able and confident to resolve queries in their area of knowledge using logical thinking to explain reasoning behind decisions or actions taken.
- Ability to work to task, meet deadlines and prioritise work schedules whilst setting realistic timescales for delivery.
- Ability to work in a team setting and with outside agencies.
- Basic numeracy skills
- Ability to use IT systems to obtain, record and retrieve data.
For any informal enquires please contact Nadine Melbourne on 0121 303 6590 or email Nadine.email@example.com
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non UK and non EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.”Supporting documents
JD & SP