KS1/KS2 Class Teachers
KS1/KS2 Class Teachers
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
PEGASUS PRIMARY SCHOOL, Turnhouse Road, Birmingham, B35 6PR
Telephone Number: 0121 464 4293
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: 01/09/2019
Are you an experienced or newly qualified teacher, who is enthusiastic, creative, energetic and ambitious?
Pegasus is a one form entry family orientated school, in the heart of North Birmingham. Our Castle Vale community strives for the very best for their children. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive school with high expectations, dedicated teachers and a commitment to moving forward on our journey to “good”. We are very proud to be part of Summit Learning Trust (formerly known as the Ninestiles Academy Trust).
Ofsted 2017 'Pupils behave well, feel safe and enjoy very good care and support'
We are seeking an enthusiastic teacher to join our dedicated and dynamic team which is drawn from across the Trust, to make a real difference to the lives of children at Pegasus Primary School. Children at Pegasus love coming to school and are keen to learn. If you are energetic, self-driven and creative, and would like to join us on our journey to make a real difference then please arrange a visit.
Applicants for the post should have up-to-date knowledge and experience across the primary range.
The successful candidate will be a class teacher in our one form entry school but, uniquely, have:
• the opportunity to share planning
• access to high quality CPD
• the opportunity to work within a trust
• be part of our exciting improvement journey
• get support from a strong and dynamic leadership team
• opportunities to work with colleagues in other trust schools
• a clear career pathway and opportunities to take on leadership roles
We are looking for someone who has:
• experience of working across Foundation Stage, KS1 and/or KS2
• success in raising children’s achievement
• the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate all children to achieve, through your own best practice, in a happy and effective learning environment
• good interpersonal skills and a commitment to working as part of a team to improve standards of teaching and learning
• the ability to be a positive role model
• high expectations of themselves and the children they teach and has an enthusiastic outlook
• a creative approach to the curriculum and delivering learning in exciting ways
• a commitment to contributing to wider life of the school
• the ability to work flexibly in order to meet the needs of the children.
About the Trust
The Summit Learning Trust comprises of three secondary schools, four primary schools and a Sixth Form College. The Trust’s commitment to excellence is recognised nationally and internationally
Why work for us?
The Trust offers:
• High quality training and support
• Opportunities to work across a number of schools
• Employee assistance programme
• Employee discount schemes
Professional Learning Institute
Summit Learning Trust is currently developing our innovative Professional Learning Institute. This exciting initiative will drive our focus on the highest quality professional learning for all staff, at all stages, across all our schools.
Early Career Framework
Following the launch of the DfE’s Early Career Framework we are delighted that Summit Learning Trust has been chosen to be part of a pioneering Education Endowment Fund research project in conjunction with Ambition Institute.
Closing Date: 19/06/2019, 12:00
Interested? Applications are available from the Trust’s website:
Interviews will be held during week commencing 24th June 2019. You will be informed if you have been called to interview by phone and/or email. Visits to school are welcome; please call school office to arrange. Louise Southam, Office Manager 0121 464 4293
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.