KS1/KS2 Class Teacher
KS1/KS2 Class Teacher
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
THE OAKLANDS PRIMARY SCHOOL, Dolphin Lane, Birmingham, B27 7BT
Telephone Number: 0121 706 2168
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: 01/09/2019
“Mighty Oaks from Little Acorns Grow”
The Oaklands Primary School is a 2 form entry Primary school in Acock’s Green Birmingham. Our recent Ofsted report (November 2018) has identified many positives within our school. We are very pleased with the recent ‘good’ grading and we now begin our exciting journey to excellence. “Leaders and the Trust are highly ambitious for the school.” Staff “feel valued and part of a strong team.” There is a “rich and engaging curriculum” in place that “stimulates pupils’ interests and their desire to learn.”
If you would like to be part of our journey to excellence, we would love to hear from you.
As a Unicef Rights Respecting School, we embrace and celebrate the diverse communities that make The Oaklands ‘who we are’. We believe that every child has the right to the highest possible standards in their education so that they are equipped with the skills they need to succeed in life. We are ambitious and aspirational for all our pupils and set high targets. We aim high because we know with the right opportunities, our pupils can do it.
We take great pride in developing a caring, creative and safe environment for our pupils and we are passionate about providing a rich and varied curriculum that inspires curiosity and enquiry.
Applicants for the post should have up-to-date knowledge and experience across the primary range.
The successful candidates will be class teachers in our 2-form entry school but, uniquely, have:
• the opportunity to share planning
• access to high quality CPD (and NQT support)
• the opportunity to work within a trust
• to work in a good school
• get support from a strong and dynamic leadership team
• options to move and work in other trust schools
We are looking for someone who:
• is focused on helping children of all backgrounds and abilities achieve high levels of progress in a happy and effective learning environment
• is a graduate with qualified teacher status (primary) who has completed / wishes to complete their induction
• can demonstrate a thorough recent knowledge of the National Curriculum
• is committed to differentiation and SEND inclusive practice
• can effectively monitor, assess, record and report on pupils’ progress
• is self-motivated and can work effectively
• has good interpersonal skills and works well in teams
• possesses secure IT skills
• is able to contribute to the development of extra curriculum opportunities
If this role interests you, we would love to hear from you. Please contact the school office on 0121 706 2168 to arrange an informal visit and to meet our fabulous children.
Interested? Please see the job description and person specification for further information.
About the Trust
The Summit Learning Trust comprises of three secondary schools, four primary schools and a Sixth Form College. The Trust’s commitment to excellence is recognised nationally and internationally
Why work for us?
The Trust offers:
• High quality training and support
• Opportunities to work across a number of schools
• Employee assistance programme
• Employee discount schemes
Professional Learning Institute
Summit Learning Trust is currently developing our innovative Professional Learning Institute. This exciting initiative will drive our focus on the highest quality professional learning for all staff, at all stages, across all our schools.
Early Career Framework
Following the launch of the DfE’s Early Career Framework we are delighted that Summit Learning Trust has been chosen to be part of a pioneering Education Endowment Fund research project in conjunction with Ambition Institute.
Through this project, Mentors will have access to the latest practice-based resources and training which will develop the techniques, protocols and approaches of instructional coaching. In addition, NQT’s will have access to resources, training and collaborative networking opportunities which will provide excellent practical support for the classroom.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender reassignment, age, disability, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy/maternity or race.
Closing Date: 28/06/2019, 12:00
For an application form and further details, please visit the Trust website at:
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.