Thorns Primary School offers a safe, secure and welcoming environment in which all can thrive. Our children are a delight; happy, well-behaved and hard-working. They are well supported by a team of dedicated staff, who work extremely hard to do their best for every child and make their time at Thorns happy and successful. We are a diverse school community and we embrace this; it makes life here more exciting!
Required from September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
The Head Teacher and Governors are looking to recruit an excellent class teacher who is enthusiastic, well-motivated and committed to teaching and learning, with the desire to make a positive contribution to our friendly and supportive school. Thorns Primary is an inclusive school where we have high expectations of all of our pupils and where we strive to ensure every child is safe, happy and learning.
The post will be based initially in key stage two. Due to a review of the school’s leadership and management structure, the post will be fixed-term until August 2020. There may be the possibility of a permanent contract following this, dependent on the outcome of the review.
We are looking for an applicant who will:
- be an effective classroom teacher, supporting progress in learning through high quality teaching and assessment;
- have a good understanding of effective practice across school, and be able to provide an appropriate learning environment and learning opportunities;
- have experience of dealing with challenging behaviour and distressed children who required additional support, especially with their social and emotional development;
- work effectively alongside support staff to ensure that appropriate, purposeful activities are planned and delivered across all curriculum areas;
- be willing to lead a subject in school if required to do so;
- demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to aspire, challenge and support;
- love working with children and have a commitment to making a difference to our school – working to deliver the school’s vision and aims, and sharing our values;
- be willing to make a contribution beyond own classroom;
- have energy, enthusiasm and passion;
- have a good knowledge of how young children learn and develop;
- strive to help the school progress on its journey from requires improvement to good;
- enjoy working in a positive environment with supportive colleagues and SLT;
- be flexible and adapt to the needs of the school and its pupils.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants are encouraged to write a supporting letter to accompany their application detailing:-
- The personal qualities you have that would make you an effective class teacher at Thorns Primary School
- Previous experience, skills and expertise which you feel have prepared you for this role and would enable you to make a positive difference to our pupils
- Any other information you feel is relevant to the role and person specification, detailing any particular curriculum (or other) interests or specialisms you have.
Closing date: Wednesday 19th June, 12 noon
Observations and interviews: w.c. 24th June school visits; Monday 1st July interviews
Hours of work: Commensurate with Teachers’ Pay and Conditions
Salary: Teachers’ Main Scale M1-4
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk. If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/.
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at https://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents
Class Teacher Person Specification