Head Teacher, The Westminster School
The Westminster School is an outstanding Special School in Rowley Regis, catering for students with moderate learning difficulties plus additional needs, aged 7-19 years old.
Due to the impending retirement of our wonderful and long-serving Head Teacher, the Governors seek to appointment a new Head Teacher to join, and lead, a truly outstanding School. We are looking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and talented leader. A person who will focus relentlessly on providing the very best for each and every student.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced with working with children with relevant SEN(D) and their families
- Experienced in motivating staff and leading by example
- Committed to school improvement through a collaborative approach, including work with other schools
- Clear thinking in establishing and development the School’s priorities and targets that will make a difference to our young people
- Flexible and positive about change
- Knowledgeable and have an understanding of school finances
The Westminster School will provide:
- A dedicated, friendly and hardworking team of staff
- A committed leadership team
- The opportunity to work with our brilliant young people
- A Governing Body which is committed to your ongoing professional development
- Opportunities to work with a range of partners and develop a collaborative approach to school improvement.
Candidates are warmly invited and encouraged to visit the School. To take up this opportunity, please contact Angie Gibson on 0121 561 6884.
Application pack can be obtained below
Visit Dates: 18 and 25 June 2019
Application closing date: 4 July 2019
Interviews: 11 July 2019
The Westminster School values equality and diversity, is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment practices, including an enhanced DBS check.