Wrap Around Care Supervisor - Streethay Primary School
STREETHAY PRIMARY SCHOOL
PART- TIME WRAP AROUND CARE SUPERVISOR
Salary: SET Grade 6, Scale point 20 to 24
Weeks Full Year Contract salary of £20,344 - £22,911 Pro Rata
Location: Yoxhall Way, Lichfield, WS13 8FT
Required: 1st September 2019
Hours: 7.15 - 9.30 am and 3.00 – 6.15pm (27.5 hours per week)
Streethay Primary School are seeking to appoint a professional and welcoming Wrap Around Care Supervisor on a permanent basis for 27.5 hours per week.
This is a new and exciting opportunity for somebody wishing to join our brand new school and team. The successful candidate will assist in the supervision of pupils during the sessions to ensure the general safety, welfare and behaviour management of children during their period of care. You will be responsible for successfully running the wrap around care provisions in the school ensuring all of our children have an enjoyable experience. You will organise and implement a variety of activities (sporting, academic, play) with the children and will also support and assist with breakfast and snack provision. The successful candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic and have previous experience of working with children in a similar setting.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of the provision of care and education of children in the wrap around care environment.
- NVQ 3 in childcare or relevant suitable equivalent qualification.
- Experience of working in an educational context (e.g. school, nursery care)
- Have the ability to relate well with children and the skills and experience to lead a team.
- The ability to work collaboratively with parents, carers, colleagues and third parties.
- Knowledge and/or some experience of assessment procedures.
- Some experience of monitoring a budget and ordering supplies for the Breakfast/After School Club.
What we can offer:
- Access to The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) as a valuable part of the pay and reward package for employees working in the Shaw Education Trust
- Excellent continuous professional development and an opportunity to develop your skills in a supportive and progressive environment.
- Flexible working opportunities
At our school, each pupil can feel that they belong to a caring and supportive environment and we are committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students. We therefore require all staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: 28th June 2019
Interviews: week commencing 1st July 2019
All candidates are required to submit an application form for this role, which can be obtained from the Shaw Education Trust website. Candidates should forward completed forms to Recruitment@shaw-education.org.uk Unfortunately CV’s submitted will not be reviewed.