5 days left
We have an exciting opportunity within our small communications team, for a Graphic Designer. This is your chance to keep Wychavon on the creative map.
Wychavon’s offices are based at the Civic Centre in the beautiful market town of Pershore. Wychavon prides itself in spending time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and local communities. We have a strong reputation for cutting through the red tape and getting things done – especially when it comes to improving services. And we work hard to live up to our strap line good services, good value.
Graphic Designer - £21,589 - £23,836 per annum pro rata
Up to 37 hours per week (Part time considered)
Maternity cover post up to 12 months
For this role you’ll need creativity, flair and some experience in a similar role. You will also need the ability to understand what visually appeals to a wide range of audiences from pensioners to teenagers. You need to be able to keep up with a fast pace, meet deadlines under pressure and have a good understanding of style and branding.
- BTEC HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in graphic design.
- GCSE in English or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience of working in commercial graphic design.
- Good working knowledge of design software tools, such as, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience of using both Mac and PC applications
- Proven track record of creating innovative design concepts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, with an ability to manage own workload and managing competing priorities
As part of your application for this role please include a link to your online portfolio in the additional information section. Alternatively if you do not have an online link please complete your application online then submit your portfolio via email to HR@Wychavon.gov.uk
To discuss the post or for further information, please call Emma Wild, Communications Manager, 01386 565102 or email@example.com
Closing date: 28 July 2019
Interview date: 5 August 2019Supporting documents
Job Description & Person Specification