Income Recovery Officer x9
Sandwell Council is investing in its Income Management Service, creating a highly efficient and professional service and placing itself in a strong position to meet the challenges and demands of maximising income collection at every opportunity.
The Service is responsible for managing, monitoring and recovering arrears of rent and other housing related charges from current and former tenants. A key objective is to combine the effective recovery of arrears with the provision of a high quality customer focused advice, assistance and support service. You will be a key player in ensuring prompt and effective early action is taken to control and recover outstanding arrears to eviction stage and other associated debts.
We have vacancies for the position of Income Recovery Officer and are interested to hear from applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent negotiation and persuasive skills
- Ability to take a proactive casework approach to recovering debt
- A performance driven work ethos
- A desire to help customers to sustain their tenancies
- Ability to work in a highly busy and challenging environment
- Highly organised and understand the importance of attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative when supporting vulnerable customers and dealing with complex arrears cases
- Assisting customers with Universal Credit related enquiries
Previous applicants need not apply.
37 hours per week (Mon - Thurs 9am - 5.30pm and Fri 9am - 5pm)
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.Supporting documents
Information for Applicants