Learning Mentor - Level 3
Learning Mentor - Level 3
£20,344 - £26,317 pa FTE, actual salary £15,576- £20,149 per annum
Hours per week: 32.50, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
MERE GREEN PRIMARY SCHOOL, Mere Green Road, Sutton Coldfield, B75 5BL
Telephone Number: 0121 308 1384
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: September 2019
Mere Green Primary School is part of The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership (ATLP) which is a highly successful Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) encompassing 4 secondary schools, 8 primary schools, a Teaching School, and SCITT.
Our MAT is currently expanding and will soon be 14 schools, 5 secondary and 9 primary, based in north Birmingham, Tamworth, Lichfield and North Warwickshire.
We are seeking to appoint a Level 3 Learning Mentor. To be successful in this role, you must be able to build meaningful relationships with pupils who may display a variety of needs. You will need to be able to effectively communicate with staff, parents and external professionals to ensure that the needs of the children are met and they are safe at all times.
The role will primarily be a pastoral role, working to find strategies to overcome lack of self-confidence, self-esteem or other difficulties which a child may be facing. The aim of your role is to ensure that the students’ personal well-being is improved and maintained.
• Provide pastoral support for pupils
• Develop 1:1 relationships with children needing particular support including attachment issues, where necessary;
• Mentor children with barriers to learning;
• Build Home-School links.
The successful candidate will:
• Be passionate about education and improving children’s lives;
• Be a friendly, hardworking, team player with a passion for making a difference for our children;
• Be able to show initiative;
• Promote the agreed vision and aims of the school;
• Set an example of personal integrity and professionalism;
• Have a strong understanding of attachment issues and know how to support children affected by insecure attachment;
• Be committed to promoting the Equality Act 2010.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
Closing Date: 03/07/2019, 09.00am
0121 308 1384 for an information pack. Informal visits to our school are most welcome. Please call to arrange an appointment with the Head Teacher or Deputy Head Teacher.
Completed application forms should be emailed to: email@example.com
or by post to Mrs Siobhan Duffy, HR Operations Manager, C/O Mere Green School, Mere Green Road, Sutton Coldfield, B75 5BL
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.