Teacher of Maths & another subject - Burton PRU
TEACHER OF MATHS & another Subject:
Main Scale to UPS with SEN allowance (MPS); full time, Permanent post
TO START 1/9/2019 at Burton Pupil Referral Unit (BPRU)
Due to the current post holder retiring in the summer, the Management Committee is seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Maths who has a clear vision for raising the quality of teaching and the social and academic learning of all our students and their family unit. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience and drive who can help us focus even more clearly upon improving the lives and prospects of each of our students and to further develop our truly student-centred curriculum – where good Maths and Numeracy is at the core of our student’s life skills and further education.
The main areas of responsibility will be:
- co-coordinating Maths and Numeracy and rapidly raise our student's numeracy levels;
- developing our curriculum in order to improve suitable outcomes for all our students, especially at GCSE level;
- being responsible for the Maths and Numeracy curriculum design; to offer all students the opportunity to learn at KS 3&4;
- leading others by example of outstanding quality of learning and teaching;
- lead by example in effectively using data across the school to challenge expectations and to raise standards of achievement across all aspects of Mathematics etc;
- support the Executive Headteacher, Head of School and their Management Committee in continuing to move the school forward in all educational aspects of Maths and Numeracy in today's educational climate and contribute to all other aspects of development of BPRU to become an outstanding Pupil Referral Unit.
Other responsibilities will be discussed with the successful candidate on appointment. These would include:
- Maths extra curricular clubs/workshops/trips
- Pastoral welfare of all students; Cross curricular themed projects;
- Other things that the successful candidate can bring to this post!
Burton PRU is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. Enhanced DBS is required for the appointment to this post with 2 outstanding references.
Please complete the application form and in your letter of application outline:
- your educational philosophy of teaching and learning challenging students;
- how you rapidly improving student’s ability to confident in Maths at KS3 and 4;
- your professional experiences and your personal skills and attributes, that would enhance the development of Maths and Numeracy at BPRU.
Sorry CV's will not be read. PLEASE PHONE SCHOOL (01283 247986) FOR DETAILS OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org for a pack.
ADVERTISEMENT DATES: w/b 24.6.2019
CLOSING DATE: 8th July at 12 noon INTERVIEW DAY: Friday 12.7.2019– it is going to be a one day interview process: a tour of the school; lesson observation; English based tasks; student interviews; interview etc.