Design and Technology/STEM Teacher KS3 (part-time) - Walton Priory Middle School
Design and Technology/STEM Teacher KS3 (part-time)
The Governing Body wishes to appoint a specialist design and technology teacher for September 2019. Walton Priory is a school that takes pride in its multitude of STEM awards, such as our achievement of being the winners of the BP Ultimate STEM Challenge in 2018 and being finalists in Shell Bright Ideas this month. In our curriculum, we include an afternoon of rotational STEM activities. Our children are bright, well-behaved and deserve a subject specialist to stretch and challenge them further.
The successful candidate will teach a DT based project to classes in Y7 and Y8 on a two hour rotation.
Applications are welcome from people who:
- Have substantial teaching experience in design/technology/resistant materials
- are experienced in D&T curriculum health & safety
- are committed to raising standards and attainment for all pupils;
- are committed to creating an environment that nurtures and stimulates positive attitudes and independence;
- are prepared to be involved in all aspects of school life;
- are able to work collaboratively and supportively as part of our team;
We will offer the successful candidate
- a skilled and forward thinking team;
- supportive parents
- pleasant and hardworking children
We would love you to visit our well-resourced school (we even have a kiln and a technician). If you would like to come and have a look around please ring the office on 01785 550040 to make an appointment. We would ask you to submit your application asap as interviews will be held upon receipt of suitable applications.
Walton Priory Middle School
The School is committed to safeguarding and therefore any offers of post are subject to full checks including Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Salary: MPS 1-6
Closing Date: 3pm Monday 8th July
Location: Walton Priory Middle School
Vacancy Type: One year fixed term
Number of hours: 2 days per week
Job Category: Teaching
Complete the relevant forms and submit by email or post, together with a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 to email@example.com