Whole Family Sessional Lead
Would you like to be part of the leading Family Support team within East Staffordshire?
Having been awarded funding from the Big Lottery for a further 2 years, we currently have a vacancy for a dynamic, inspirational and passionate individual who can lead our session delivery.
We are looking for a leader who has passion and dedication together with the ability to work with parents and children in a unique environment.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop our sessional service delivery across East Staffordshire.
The Session Lead will need to liaise closely with statutory and voluntary organisations and have an understanding of the complex needs of families. A friendly and non-judgmental approach is essential.
We are looking for applicants who pride themselves on having excellent interpersonal, organisational, listening and time management skills. Initiative and assertiveness will also be key to your success. Applicants with enthusiasm, a real passion for the role and a willingness to learn are encouraged to apply.
The role will include:
- Development and delivery of sessional activities designed with the whole family in mind whilst also meeting the requirements of our funders
- Management of our sessional activities with excellent reporting skills
- To deliver sessions as follows:
- A session aimed at mums and children under the age of 5, focusing on parenting skills, family routines, behaviour and boundaries, social networks
- A gardening project on a Friday afternoon (between February and November), supervising children from local schools requiring additional support (in line with Dedicated Schools Grant)
- A transitional group for young people moving to secondary school (Saturday afternoon between June and October)
- A Dads session on a Saturday morning, aimed at dads and their children
- A whole family intervention on a Saturday afternoon, for example; gardening project, whole family session, parentimg programme
- Maintaining excellent communication with all service users, utilising a variety of communication and consultation methods
- Liaising with partner agencies to offer support and co-facilitate sessions for service users
- Working under own initiative, utilising strong leadership and excellent communication skills
- Working with volunteers
- Reporting to the Operations Manager and working closely with the Management team in developing the new sessional programme
Hours of work: Thursday - 12.00 Midday - 8.00pm
Friday - 9.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday - 9.30am - 5.30pm
Flexible working will be required to include some evening and weekend work, where necessary. Applicants must have use of their own car at all times, for which expenses are paid. Disclosure and Barring Service check (Enhanced Level) and references will be required.
For an application pack, please contact 01283 533449 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Midday, Wednesday, 17th July 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday, 30th or Wednesday, 31st July 2019 - interviews will be held during the evening
Harvey Girls, East Staffordshire is committed to equal opportunities
Funded by the Big Lottery Fund and Staffordshire County Council. Registered Charity No. 1142555