HR & Administration Officer
To provide efficient, professional and effective HR advice to the Academy, with the support of the Associate Assistant Principal
- Take responsibility for day to day general HR processes including recruitment, absence management, disciplinary and grievances
- To provide a customer-focused confidential, accurate and creditable HR service to all staff and members of the Governing Body
- Managing personnel systems in order to comply with legislation
To manage operational HR activities, including:
- Sickness and absence (monitoring and overseeing alongside the Cover Manager)
- Disciplinary, capability and grievance issues.
- Performance Management administration.
- Recruitment and selection (including vetting and safeguarding checks).
- HR policy development /review and employment legislation.
- To support the Principal and PA in all aspects of HR management by developing and improving HR systems. To maintain an awareness of HR knowledge in developing these systems.
- To monitor staff attendance, in line with the academy policies and procedures, including supporting line managers in conducting absence management meetings.
- To use their best endeavours to assist the academy to meet its statutory employment, equality, health and safety obligations towards staff.
- To organise interview cycle and recruitment activities with PA to Principal as well as short-listing and interviews. On occasions to be part of the interview panel providing support as a safer recruitment trained employee.
- Apply for Work Permits for qualifying overseas staff.
- To be responsible for the quality of all HR databases and personnel records, including inputting data onto SIMS, EPM, leave records and maintaining the Single Central Record.
- To provide information, advice and guidance to the Principal and Leadership Team, advising on HR policies and procedures, as required.
- Prepare issue, collect and collate performance management paperwork for teaching and support staff in conjunction with relevant managers.
- Keep and maintain staff details on SIMS personnel, ensuring that records are up to date at all times. Enter new staff information on SIMS as directed by the PA and EPM/HR service provider.
- Ensure that all supply staff DBS information comply with the requirements of child protection, liaising with the Cover Manager to ensure this is all in place.
- To produce letters, contracts of employment and other written communications on time and in accordance with the academy policy.
- To take responsibility for case management, in relation to sickness absence, disciplinary and capability processes.
- Liaise with all other related agencies; The Home Office, Trade Unions, Recruitment agencies etc. in support of the PA.
- Ensure the maintenance of clear and effective filing, storage and archive systems and undertake regular reviews.
- Undertake appropriate back to work and exit interviews of all staff as and when required.
- Assists the PA and Data Manager on the annual Workforce Census
- Named member of staff to undertake fire registers during fire evacuation/drills/tests etc.
- Take responsibility for the Single Central Record ensuring all data is accurate and fully completed and taking lead in Single Central meetings during Ofsted inspections.
- The key person to support staff enquires and concerns regarding HR and Payroll matters and liaising with EPM HR Officers for more complex matters.
- Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the Academies Equality Policy and Safer Recruitment Policy.
- Working close with the Finance Manager to ensure the following:
- Act as an initial point of contact for all Payroll and Pension queries raised by staff.
- Regular filing of all payroll and associated HR paperwork
- Assist with the annual salary review process and produce salary statements for all staff
- Assist with the management of automatic enrolment in connection with pensions through the payroll function.
- To carry out any other duties within the scope of the role as directed by the Principal
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience with SIMS – Essential
- Experience in a HR role within an Educational environment – Essential
- CIPD Qualification or Equivalent
Please visit our website for an application form and forward all applications to GACrecruitment@graceacademy.org.uk