Specialist Computing Teacher - Walton Priory Middle School
The Governing Body wishes to appoint a specialist computing teacher for September 2019. Walton Priory is a school that takes pride in its multitude of STEM awards, such as our achievement of being the winners of the BP Ultimate STEM Challenge. In our curriculum, we include an afternoon of rotational STEM activities and Competitive Sports that challenge and develop pupils’ knowledge and skills. We are currently in the process of leading an ENTHUSE bid for the schools in the local area, which includes projects at all stages of transition.
Applications are welcome from people who:
- Have a computing degree or substantial teaching experience in this field
- are committed to raising standards and attainment for all pupils;
- are committed to creating an environment that nurtures and stimulates positive attitudes and independence;
- are prepared to be involved in all aspects of school life;
- are able to work collaboratively and supportively as part of our team;
We will offer the successful candidate
- a skilled and forward thinking team;
- supportive parents
- pleasant and hardworking children
- experienced NQT mentors
We would love you to visit our school and if you would like to come and have a look around please ring the office on 01785 550040 to make an appointment. We would ask you to submit your application asap as interviews will be held upon receipt of suitable applications.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
Number of Hours: 2.5 Days per week equivalent
Vacancy type: One Year Fixed Term
Applications: Complete the relevant forms and submit by email or post, together with a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 to firstname.lastname@example.org