Hours of work: Monday to Friday 11:45am - 1:15pm
To supervise and assist children during lunchtime, inside the school and the playground, to ensure a safe and positive learning environment is maintained and that all children behave in an appropriate manner.
Main activities will include:
- Supervise conduct of pupils, ensuring safe and orderly conduct within and outside the school premises.
- Monitor children in the dinner hall to encourage them to eat healthy lunches.
- Assist children who are having difficulties having their meal and encourage children to eat without support of an adult.
- Promote good table manners.
- Supervise children to the dinner hall, in the playground (or in the hall or classroom during adverse weather conditions), preventing any unsafe behaviour.
- Manage any quarrels or fights amongst pupils, alongside comfort children who are upset.
- Deal with and follow procedures for minor injuries such as cuts, grazes and bruises.
- Encourage, support and engage with children in play that is emotionally, intellectually physically and socially challenging.
- Actively participate in pupil’s play promoting collaboration and positive behaviour.
- Be aware of individual pupil’s needs including those with Special Educational Needs.
- Be familiar with the safe use of outdoor equipment and comply with school rules regarding games.
- Attend to children’s physical needs, including toileting and personal hygiene.
- Work with other lunchtime supervisors to set up the dining room, including putting out tables, crockery and cutlery, and other utensils.
- Ensure that all areas are left safe, clean and tidy ready for the afternoon.
- Interact positively with all children and staff.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Ensure compliance with the school’s Equal Opportunities Policy and take an active role in promoting equality and diversity
- Support the school’s vision, mission, faith and ethos.
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development reviews.