HR Business Partner
Grade: Management Band 2
Closing Date:19 July 2019
About the Role
As an HR Business Partner with West Midlands Police you will need to rise to the challenge of managing a diverse and complex departmental portfolio in a fast paced and changing environment.
The post holder will develop and implement plans that support departmental and Force strategies and performance objectives, whilst being the link between People & Organisation Development and the wider force.
You will develop strong professional working relationships with the executive and senior leaders across the force to contribute to the Force's Vision, Value and the People Deal. In addition you'll drive the portfolio people agenda, including inclusion plans, workforce planning, talent and succession management, wellbeing and change.You'll be expected to develop and deploy well grounded, data driven interventions to increase capability and competence in support of the force's performance objectives.
You role is to cause some purposeful disturbance to your portfolio, challenging and leading without judgement, to improve performance through our people.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
Generalist HR with depth and breadth of technical capability, including:
- Performance Development and Reward
- Talent and Succession Planning
- Learning and Development
- Organisation development and Change
- Employee Relations
- Prior experience at supporting, coaching and influencing senior leaders
- Ability to use and leverage insights to improve current and future performance
- Essential Qualities and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Courage to challenge operationally and strategically
- Skilled influencer, and a decisive and strategic thinker
- Driven to deliver-agile, exhibits business, organisational and contextual understanding, with an ability to work well in ambiguous and fluid situations
- Effective stakeholder manager, with strong customer relationship skills
- Personally credible with discretion, integrity, personal resilience and self motivation
- Strong verbal and written communication ability
Desirable Qualities and Skills
- MCIPD qualified Degree educated or equivalent
- The role is a standard 37 hours per week, however, necessity to work outside of standard office hours may be required The role is based at West Midlands Police Head Quarters in Birmingham City centre, however there may be a requirement at times to travel to other locations within the Force area for work purposes. Interviews for this role will take place week commencing 29 July 2019.
West Midlands Police are currently undertaking a long term review of staff pay and conditions.
The grade, pay and other terms of employment are therefore subject to review and may change in the future.