Teaching and Learning Practitioner – Specialist in Physical Education- Moorpark Junior School
The New Guild Trust are looking to recruit an enthusiastic teaching and learning practitioner who can undertake the afternoon PE sessions.
The ideal candidate will have a sports specialism or a drive to further their passion for sport.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and deliver PE to individuals, small groups and/or classes modifying and adapting activities as necessary under the direction and supervision of the PE subject leader.
- To lead on lunchtime personal development, ensure rotas, pupil and staff leaders are trained, skilled and equipped for the provision of engagement programmes e.g. sports leaders, peer mediation.
- Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment in Physical Education.
- Liaise with staff and other relevant professionals and provide information about pupils as appropriate
- Use teaching and learning objectives to plan, evaluate and adjust lessons/work plans as appropriate within agreed systems of supervision
- Assess the needs of pupils and use knowledge and specialist skills and coaching to support pupils’ learning in sport and physical education.
- Support pupils in social and emotional well-being and development, working closely with all other staff as appropriate.
Teaching Assistants at this level are expected to undertake the following within this specific role:
- To organise and deliver extra-curricular activities such as before school, dinner time and after school sports clubs.
- To produce high levels of participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Liaise with School Games Organiser to help to achieve the Sainsbury’s School Games Gold Mark (Bronze and Silver already achieved)
- To monitor the sports resources and address areas for the development in the school’s equipment. Be responsible for the preparation, maintenance and control of stocks of materials and resources
- To produce case studies and investigations on to the health and fitness of our children.
- To provide, with the support of the subject leader, an inclusive sports curriculum that is accessible for all.
Have you got the necessary skills needed to help to lead a friendly, supportive, dedicated and hard-working staff?
Are you an outstanding, highly motivated person with a proven track record of making a difference in a teaching support role?
If you are that person, Moorpark Juniors may well be the school for you!
Please call the school office for an application pack, or download a copy from our school website. Following successful shortlisting, Karen Peters, our headteacher, and the children, would be proud to show you around.
Closing date: Wednesday 6th September 2019
Shortlisting: Thursday 7th September 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 11th September 2019
Start date: as soon as possible