Volunteer Coordinator - Part Time
Substantive Vacancy - Volunteer Coordinator (Part Time)
Central Prevent & Protect - Staffordshire Fire & Rescue Service
Salary: Grade 4 (£19,171 – 21,166) pro rata
Hours: 18.5 hours per week (flexible working scheme in operation)
Location: Covering the West of the County
About the role:
To assist in the provision of an efficient and effective Volunteer Programme, by providing support within associated areas.
Duties to include:
• Provide ongoing coordination and support in respect of volunteer recruitment and selection. This will include coordinating requests from the service delivery teams and ensuring tasks comply with our targeted volunteer work.
• Assist in reporting on Service performance, by collating volunteers hours
• Produce statistical data as and when required.
• Provide support for local prevention activities, including Community Interest Company, Safe+Sound and Cadet+ work streams.
• Allocate responsibilities, motivate, and inspire our volunteers in order to promote cooperation and ensure retention.
• Solve problems efficiently and effectively within the process and with individuals.
• Assist in resolving day to day enquiries from volunteers and provide support where necessary.
• Assist in maintaining an efficient computerised data recording system regarding all areas of the Volunteer Programme.
• Raise orders for uniform and check expense claims in line with SFRS procedures.
• Carry out 1:1 meetings when required, including entry and exit interviews.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Experience of accurate data inputting
• Some knowledge of the Volunteer Sector
Skills, ability and personal qualities:
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work effectively alone or amongst colleagues
• Ability to work within time constraints & meet deadlines
• Attention to detail in all aspects of the role
• Ability to work accurately under pressure
• Good problem solving skills
• Full driving licence/provision of a vehicle for business use with appropriate insurance
This vacancy is open to internal and external applicants.
Closing date for receipt of all applications is: midnight on Sunday 4th August 2019
All communication regarding this vacancy will be issued via email, so please check your email account on a regular basis.
If you have any enquiries please contact:
Julie Ann Edwards, Recruitment Advisor, 01785 898749, or Steph Cooper, HR Business Partner, 01785 898574
Volunteer Coordinator JD.docx