Solicitor/Barrister Governance Principal Business Lead
A fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, dynamic, pioneering legal team in Sandwell.
We are looking to recruit a Governance & Business Support Principal Lead to join our team. This role will be suitable for an experienced and specialist solicitor or barrister. The position will allow you to undertake and supervise complex governance work, ensure that good governance is championed by the council, conduct member misconduct investigations under the Localism Act 2011, manage the councils FOI requests, SAR’s and data protection complaints and ensure that Legal and Assurance maintain excellent compliance with professional standards.
We are reaching the end of our transformation programme and are setting up an excellent in-house service for our clients, which includes a brand-new team, within which this post is a crucial role. This Governance and Business Support Principal Business Lead will be supported by an excellent team which includes senior legal assistants, a solicitor and team leaders. We believe in growing our staff to their full potential and will be supporting the successful candidates through career development.
In the heart of the midlands and 10 minutes train ride from the centre of Birmingham, Sandwell is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and diverse place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to our vision than through a unique and rewarding career with Sandwell? So, if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, this is the role for you.
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 30 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 35 days after 5 years’ service
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption, Paternity entitlements and flexible working.
- 1,000’s of discounts and savings at 100’s of retailers, online and on the high street, available through our employee benefits scheme
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
If you have any queries about this post please contact Maria Price, Service Manager and Deputy Monitoring Officer at email@example.com
37 hours per week
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.Supporting documents
Information for Applicants