Scale TA3 (H14 – 17), depending upon experience
Required September 2019
Initially 30 hours per week, term time only, plus 5 training days (some flexibility may be required in terms of hours and working patterns)
All Saints Bedworth is a split site primary school in Bedworth with its own Nursery. We were graded as good overall in our last Ofsted (October 2018). Our school is now seeking a suitably qualified member of staff with an interest in special educational needs and inclusion to join our team and support the work of our SENDCO.
· Be qualified to NVQ Level 4 or working towards
· Hold a qualification in a related field to be able to support pupils with learning and behavioural difficulties (e.g. social services, youth and community, probation, police, counselling) or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, experience and skills.
· Provide first line support to students on pastoral issues.
· Provide attendance, behavioural and educational support to students.
· Provide a strategic link between the school and other agencies and parents.
· Have good organisational and communication skills with the ability to lead, manage and supervise others.
· Have an understanding of educational policies and procedures
· Understand the needs of pupils with SEN and be able to adapt your approach accordingly
· Have an understanding of different strategies used to enhance pupil learning and a resilience in working with pupils with challenging behaviour.
· Be proactive in offering ideas and contributing to whole school reviews.
· Work alongside the SENDCO and Head of School to take a lead role in inclusion across our setting
In return, All Saints Bedworth can offer you:
· Enthusiastic well behaved pupils who enjoy learning.
· A committed and caring staff team with a positive attitude towards offering the best opportunities to all our pupils
Executive Head: Mr C Errington
Head of School: Mrs K O’Grady
Closing date: 5.00pm Friday 23rd August 2019
Interviews: Thursday 5th September 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check along with relevant employment checks.
Self Disclosure Form