The college is seeking to employ a developer for its busy Registry department. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, proactive and hardworking professional. This person will be comfortable working flexibly, to a high degree of accuracy and within tight deadlines.
The successful candidate, supported by the CIS Manager and Curriculum Analyst, will primarily be working on a number of customer-facing projects and developing a range of web-based systems using bespoke MIS software and API interfaces. They will be working collaboratively with colleagues at all levels to identify where in-house information systems will improve departmental functions or contribute towards the improvement in the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
This role is ideal for a recent graduate or Degree Apprenticeship as it will provide you with the opportunity to learn new skills, hone your existing ones, and will open doors to an interesting and rewarding career.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
- Develop, enhance and support a range of in-house and bespoke cross-college information systems.
- Investigate, identify, define and implement improvements in business processes using new and existing technologies.
- Development and analysis of reports and datasets to meet existing or emerging business needs.
- Produce and maintain functional and technical documentation on the coding / structure of new systems.
- Train relevant personnel in the use of in-house systems to ensure accurate use of information and collection of data.
- Working with the CIS Manager and IT Manager to keep abreast of technical and sector developments to assess their suitability for use in the College.
- Participate actively and flexibly in a range of departmental and college-wide activities.
- Undertake administrative duties as appropriate for the role
- Liaise with parents, students and college staff as and when appropriate
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience and an undertaking to be part of a level 6 degree apprenticeship
- Experience of software design and development, ideally developing ASP.NET applications using C#
- Good understanding of typical web services and integration technologies such as REST, SOAP, APIs and web services
- Good understanding of database structures, SQL or MySQL programming and reporting
- Good understanding of data exchange formats such as XML and JSON.
- Working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- An enthusiasm to learn new technologies and tools, and to learn on the fly, especially in problem solving situations
- Experience of JQuery and PHP
- Understanding of web server technologies (IIS, Apache, etc)