Teacher of Hospitality and Catering
Teacher of Hospitality and Catering
Salary: £23720 - £39406 per annum
Fixed term contract: Maternity cover Friday 10th July 2020
Looking for a role in an outstanding and dynamic school community. Then this is the opportunity to join Saint Augustine’s Catholic High School and Sixth Form Centre.
Having secured an Outstanding Section 48 Inspection in 2019, on top of our outstanding Ofsted Inspection in 2017, Saint Augustine’s can give you the platform for fulfilling your own potential.
Join our team of successful, committed and experienced teaching and support staff who have outstanding success with both GCSE and A Level results having been 1st in the diocese and Worcestershire for the past 3 years and the best mixed Catholic school in the country (2nd overall).
Our key to success:
- A distinctive Catholic ethos that supports deep personal faith but also welcomes diversity and difference in beliefs and culture.
- A drive for success for all students
- A dedicated teaching and support staff that monitor and challenge students to achieve their maximum potential.
- High academic achievement levels and expectations that provide our young people with the opportunity to go onto universities as well as providing legitimate pathways into training, apprenticeships and other further education outlets.
- A large and varied, sports, creative arts and music curriculum, which enjoys success both locally, regionally and nationally.
- A focus on student safety and well-being.
- A learning environment which is contemporary, well-equipped and resourced and regularly updated.
- Opportunities to travel, observe different lifestyles, experiences and cultures, take up new activities and sports, participate in local and national competitions and develop high level communication skills.
- Continual professional development of all staff and opportunities for career development.
Comments from our most recent Ofsted Inspection in May 2017
“The Executive Principal and Head of School exude a determination to enable every pupil to achieve his or her potential. Governors, leaders, staff, and pupils all share high expectations for pupil’s achievement and their personal development.”
“A ‘learning culture’ is firmly embedded among pupils. In all subjects, pupils are keen to discuss and debate ideas and approaches. They are eager to find out more, and determined to improve. Not a minute is wasted in lessons, and pupils readily continue their enquiries and endeavours out of class.”
Comments from our recent Section 48 inspection in February 2019
This is an outstanding Catholic school because:
▪ Catholic Life is a core part of every aspect of school life and its curriculum. Its impact on pupils, by the time they leave the school, is profound.
▪ Religious Education is outstanding. As well as being subject experts, teachers are authentic witnesses to a life of faith and inspire pupils in their learning. At GCSE, the progress of pupils is excellent and sustained. Students achieve well at A Level and value their Core Religious Education programmes.
▪ Collective Worship at the school is outstanding. Provision is well planned and sufficiently varied, enabling pupils to lead and be led. It engages them and inspires them to take the messages it shares into their daily lives and interactions with others.
▪ Leaders have dedicated considerable time to reviewing the mission of the school over the last two years. The Catholic Life of the school has developed significantly as a result. There is a clear vision for the future and further key appointments are planned to sustain this improvement.
Potential applicants are welcome to visit the school, please contact Mrs Clare Jack at email@example.com or call 01527 550400 to arrange a visit or for further information.
Further details of the school and the vacancy can be found by visiting our website www.st-augustines.worcs.sch.uk
Completed applications should be sent to the school address for the attention of Human Resources or emailed to HR@saintsa.co.uk
St Augustine’s Catholic High School
Hunt End Redditch
Worcestershire, B97 5LX
Tel: 01527 550400