Maintenance Assistant (Repairs Contact Centre)
As a result of a recent service redesign and development within the Repairs and Maintenance Team, Warwick District Council are now seeking to recruit an individual with a strong customer service ethic and communication skills for its contact centre.
This role will focus mainly on handling tenant and leaseholder enquiries across a range of communication channels but predominately phone enquiries in an efficient, customer-focussed manner to ensure the maximum number of enquiries are resolved at the first point of contact.
A typical enquiry will involve correctly identifying repair requirements and raising orders to an appropriate contractor or arranging pre-inspections. You will also be advising customers of what action will be taken and on what timescale, providing progress updates on ordered work and providing advice on the Council’s repair and maintenance policies and procedures.
Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate experience of delivering first class customer care within a contact centre environment:
- Communicate confidently, clearly and effectively by telephone, in person and in writing
- Develop positive working relationships with colleagues, contractors and customers
- Update database records whilst liaising with the customer
- Deal calmly, tactfully and diplomatically with people and their request for service
- Make effective decisions within established procedures and to take ownership for resolution of enquiries
- Follow agreed procedures and systematic processes
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills
Knowledge of building repairs and maintenance or the social housing sector would be a distinct advantage.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Simon Hodges, Compliance Manager, on 01926 456451