Primary Mental Health Worker
1 day left
We are offering an exciting opportunity within an established Primary Mental Health Worker Service, suitable for a mental health professional looking for their next move.
The successful candidate will be based within multi-disciplinary settings across Sandwell in one of the Community Operating Groups (COGs), the Youth Offending Team (YOT), Looked After Children’s Team (LAC) or Child Sexual Exploitation Team (CSE).
Primary Mental Health Workers provide:
- Directly 1:1 psychotherapeutic intervention with children, young people and their families/carers either individually or jointly with other workers
- Mental health interventions through liaison, consultation, supervision and training to professionals and community colleagues
- Key links with other agencies and where appropriate work with children/young people and families/carers whilst appropriate support is sought in the event of escalation of need
- Professional, consultative support to the universal work force and management of complex cases either one off, or built in to period reviews
- Joint specialist assessments and jointly developed outcomes focussed plans.
Specific training and experience in a range of evidence based therapeutic frameworks/interventions with children/young people and families is essential. The ideal candidate will hold a relevant qualification (e.g. Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Diploma in Counselling Psychotherapy, or Systemic Family Therapy).
and be a registered member of a relevant professional body (e.g. BACP, BABCP, BPS, UKCP).
Please visit the Kaleidoscope Plus Group website to view the job description and person specification. To apply, please download the application form and guidance notes provided and submit your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that CVs are not accepted.
Closing date for all applications will be Sunday 18th August at 5:00pm, however Kaleidoscope reserve the right to close the position early based on the number of responses received.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 29th August 2019.