Family Wellbeing Facilitator
12 month Fixed Term contract - 19.5 hrs per week
To work in partnership with parents/carers and children 0 - 19 years of age (up to 25 if SEND) and other professionals to improve the outcomes and life chances for children and their families. The Family Wellbeing Team will provide advice and guidance to empower families to meet their physical, social and emotional educational needs to secure their independence and resilience.
- On allocation develop and maintain working relationships with families (parents/carers, children/young people) enabling them to use their own strengths and skills to bring about change without creating dependency.
- Develop and agree a family support plan with parents/carers/other professionals.
- Work with families to assess their needs in conjunction with other professionals.
- Undertake the agreed work with families, managing individual cases by planning, recording, reviewing, report writing in line with policies, procedures and legislation.
- Plan and facilitate 1:1 and group activities, events and training to meet the needs of families (in-line with the needs of funders) including evidence based parenting interventions.
- To be involved in the monitoring and evaluating of family support practice providing relevant data to the Family Wellbeing Coordinator as required.
- Deal effectively and swiftly with complaints, incidents or accidents reporting to the management as appropriate.
- Attend and participate in staff development sessions, team meetings, individual or group supervision, clinical supervision and other meetings as required.
- To ensure all work follows the guidelines and principles set by the Parenting Project Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and procedures and the Warwickshire Safeguarding Children Board.
- To have an understanding of all Parenting Project policies and procedures ensuring they are out into practice, including but not limited to: Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety, Lone Working and Data Protection.
- To work flexibly and occasionally work unsocial hours to meet the needs of families and Parenting Project as required.
- To undertake any other duties as required in line with the scope and spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and it’s grading.