SEN Travel Assistance Officer
6 days left
SEN Travel Assistance Officer x 3 Posts
Salary: £18,819.00 - £22,401.00 per annum (pro rata)
Post 1 - 37 Hours per week – Permanent
Post 2 – 37 Hours per week – Fixed Term until 2nd October 2020
Post 3 – 22 hours per week – Fixed Term until 2nd October 2020
An opportunity has arisen for the role of SEN Travel Assistance Officer in the Transport Operations section of the Connected & Sustainable County service.
Transport Operations is responsible for the provision and management of all home to school transport, special educational needs transport, supported local bus services and a number of grant funded community/voluntary transport schemes. Approximately 7,000 pupils across Staffordshire are transported to school each day by over 100 transport providers operating taxis, private hire vehicles, minibuses, coaches and buses.
The job holder will be based within the Connectivity Operations Team, providing service planning, monitoring, client assurance, operational delivery and auditable services for Special Education Needs.
The successful post holder will be responsible for:
- The administration of Special Education Needs travel assistance ensuring compliance with the Council’s contract procurement terms in accordance with statutory legislation.
- Assist in the Development of SEN travel assistance services which provide value for money and demonstrate effective budgetary management through the analysis of personal data and delivery of best value travel assistance.
- Develop travel assistance programmes consistent with the introduction and implementation of Education, Health and Care Plans to secure the best outcome for young people across their education and training wholly compliant with all legislation, Data Protection and the Council’s policies and procedures.
- Assist in the identification and development of partnership working with partners in parents/guardians, Department for Transport, Driver Vehicle Licencing Agency, District Licencing Authorities, Operators, schools and colleges and work within the context of the Council’s wider Planning and Transportation objectives.
- Monitor operational performance against contractual requirements and work with partners to effect remedial action.
It is expected that the applicant will have significant experience in a transport or SEN environment. Attention to detail and the ability to approach all aspects of the role calmly and objectively is vital to the role. Training and support will be provided to assist with continuing professional development.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs)
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 23rd August 2019
For more information about the role please contact: Lee Hamilton, firstname.lastname@example.org or 01785 276867
Or Marie Storr, email@example.com or 01785 278950
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.