Telecare Installation Officer
Telecare Installation Officer
CCTV & Telecare Services
Redditch Borough Council
Grade 4 (SCP 9 – 14)
£20,344 - £22,462 per annum (pro rata if part time)
Plus essential car user allowance and mileage paid
37 hours per week (5 days per week including weekends – possibly Tuesday to Saturday but open to discussion)
Permanent Contract – open to job share/part time hours if applicable
We have an exciting new vacancy for a Telecare Installation Officer who will go to the homes of prospective service users to understand their ‘Telecare’ needs and identify the appropriate emergency alarm units and telecare sensors required to support and enhance their wellbeing. You will also carry out the installation, testing and on-going maintenance required. By joining our team you will be making a difference to the safety and security of our Clients, including some of the most vulnerable people.
As well as covering Bromsgrove and Redditch, our Telecare Service has also won contracts across the West Midlands. The position will be based at Redditch Town Hall and you will be required to travel within Redditch and Bromsgrove districts plus other outlying areas when necessary.
If you’d like to work in a fast-paced, forward thinking and enthusiastic environment, where no two days are the same, then this is the team for you! You will not be expected to have knowledge of Telecare Services as full training will be given.
In a nutshell we want you to:
• Have great interpersonal skills in order to talk to potential and existing clients and their families on a daily basis and collect and record their personal details.
• Carry out Telecare installations and a reactive and planned maintenance service.
• Have a genuine interest in using the latest technology and the physical skills required to use low level power tools for drilling plus some heavy lifting and ladder work.
• Have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle that is insured for work purposes.
There are lots of great benefits to being an employee of Redditch Council including:
• Generous pension
• Annual leave of 24 days (rising to 29 with 5 years’ service)
• Flexible working hours and the operation of a flexi-system of up to 2 days off per month (pro rata).
• Free employee support services and healthcare cash plans
• Car, technology, Cycle2Work and salary sacrifice opportunities.
• Staff benefits from national high street and leisure providers
• Reduced gym memberships and swimming rates
Are you the enthusiastic, caring and professional individual we’re looking for? If you think you’re up to the job, hit the apply button below.
To see the posts job description & person specification please select the link at the end of the advert. Want to know more about the role? If so, please contact Rachel Nicholls, CCTV & Telecare Services Manager on 01527 64252.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday 8 September 2019.
Interview dates to be confirmed by CCTV & Telecare Team.
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of criminal records via the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings, as well as convictions.
CV’s will not be accepted.
To apply please select the apply button at the end of this advert.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, you should assume that unfortunately your application was not successful on this occasion.