Stow Heath Primary School
Group 3 - starting salary will be in the range of £60,755 - £69,673
with up to 25% enhancement dependent upon the calibre of the candidate
Relocation package is also available
Full time, permanent
Required for January 2020
DO YOU WANT TO BE STOW HEATH’S NEXT INSPIRATIONAL HEADTEACHER?
Following the retirement of our popular and successful Headteacher the Governing Body is seeking to appoint a Headteacher with vision, leadership and energy to build on our successes and our pupils’ achievements and further develop our school. You will have the drive and determination to help us on our journey in achieving our ambition for our school community to ’shine like a star’, and be the best it can be.
WE WILL OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- a ‘Good‘ School (May 2017) with ambition to become outstanding
- a knowledgeable and effective Senior Leadership Team with high expectations of themselves, staff and pupils
- a dedicated, innovative and focused team of teachers, support staff who all share the same passion of ensuring that every child achieves their full potential and beyond
- courteous, polite and well behaved pupils who are eager to learn
- a Governing Body which provides effective support and challenge
- supportive parents who are involved in contributing to their child’s learning journey
- effective school systems that have brought about continuous improvement
- school grounds that have been developed to offer extensive opportunities for outdoor learning
WE WANT A CANDIDATE WHO:
- will build on the vision and values of Stow Heath’s current successes and strengths
- leads, collaborates with and empowers our staff
- is visible, approachable and will rise to a challenge
- is able to sustain and further raise standards and accelerate progress through improving the quality of teaching and learning within a nurturing and inclusive environment
- inspires our pupils to reach their full potential
- has personal integrity and is not afraid to challenge when appropriate in the best interests of our children
- will develop further the sharing of good practice within and across schools
WHY WORK IN WOLVERHAMPTON?
- Wolverhampton is situated in the Black Country, an area of rich historical and cultural interest
- the city is diverse, culturally rich and has many areas of attractive and affordable housing and is within commuting distance of more rural locales
- Wolverhampton offers a range of cultural and leisure options including theatre, art galleries, racecourse, historic houses, parks, real-ale pubs and restaurants
- there is a thriving local sports scene boasting cricket clubs, a premier league football club, martial arts groups, an indoor climbing centre, swimming facilities and gyms
- a vibrant green city which is within easy reach of the beautiful parks and countryside, the many attractions of the city of Birmingham and the popular Merry Hill Shopping Centre
- good transport links, which include a direct train route to London, make Wolverhampton a convenient base for travel both within and beyond the UK
Visits to Stow Heath Primary School are warmly welcomed. Please contact Tina Lane on 01902 558820 or e-mail TLane@stowheathprimaryschool.co.uk for an appointment.
Stow Heath Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
CLOSING DATE THURSDAY 12 SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT 12PM
INTERVIEWS MONDAY 23 SEPTEMBER AND TUESDAY 24 SEPTEMBER, 2019
To apply, visit www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/jobs, call Sue Jacques, Senior HR Consultant on 01902 907581 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms are returnable to Sue Jacques, Services4Schools Ltd, Midlands Technology Centre, Wolverhampton WV10 6TA