Senior Housing Occupational Therapist
This is an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist with a housing and/or adaptations background to provide excellent occupational therapy services and develop or utilise their management skills in this unique team.
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Grade 10
We are looking to appoint several full-time Senior Housing Occupational Therapists, to support the development of our service and require new team members who are keen to be involved in providing innovative housing services to people in the Dudley borough.
This is an exciting opportunity for qualified occupational therapists who are interested in utilising their skills within a supportive housing team and providing first class customer service.
The ideal candidate will have experience of assessing and supporting customers with complex needs, working closely with housing teams, in the assessment and delivery of adaptations and/or re-housing solutions. In addition have a keen interest in working together with other teams to develop services for people with disabilities in housing need.
Main duties include:
• To complete a holistic assessment taking account of all housing factors impacting on the individual and their household, referring to and liaising with colleagues to resolve housing issues and needs as required
• To seek to resolve disability needs with equipment, support and referral to alternative services where this is appropriate
• To make recommendations, based on assessed need for the provision of certain property types, adaptations and equipment, taking account of both health and housing policy and legislation
• To make recommendations as to the level of medical priority for re-housing based on an assessment of need relating to the applicants current property and taking account of other housing options or services that may be appropriate
• To provide 1:1 support, supervision and line management to other relevant housing OT staff
• Must have a diploma or BSc in Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
• Experience working as an OT with people with various disabilities, assessing needs and agreeing and arranging provision of adaptations and equipment or support in a community setting
• Be able to demonstrate a high level of relevant IT skills including Microsoft Office and specialist databases
• Be able to sketch and read property plans and review property details to identify barriers and potential solutions for people with disabilities
For further information or an informal chat please contact Cheryl Coe, Team Manager, Housing Occupational Therapy on 01384 814284 or via e-mail: Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; WM Jobs If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/