ICT Service Desk Coordinator
Permanent Vacancy – ICT Service Desk Coordinator – ICT Department
Salary: Grade 4 (£19,171 to £21,166)
Hours: 37 hours (flexible working hours in operation)
Based at Service Headquarters, Pirehill, Stone, Staffs, ST15 0BS
About the role:
Managing and resolving queries relating to ICT systems, products and services. Administer and maintain all administration functions to ensure the efficient running of the ICT department. Respond to telephone calls, emails and personnel requests for ICT related support and technical issues. Be familiar with a variety of ICT concepts, practices and procedures. Experience in the management of diagnostics and escalation of tasks.
Duties to include:
• Work as part of a team and strive to resolve customer requests at first contact.
• Assist with the allocation of tasks from the Service Desk to ensure all faults are prioritised and the appropriate resource is assigned and dealt with in a timely manner.
• Work with Technicians and Engineers to allocate resources to achieve fault resolution including investigation and diagnosis where appropriate.
• Meet and greet visitors to the Service Desk, obtaining sufficient information to log the fault or request. For urgent issues, direct the request to the appropriate technician.
• Participate in team meetings and continually looking for ways to improve the customers experience.
• Create and review Service Desk processes and procedures ensuring these are communicated to ICT Team. Monitor outcomes and escalate where appropriate to ICT Support Manager/ICT Managers.
• Create, approve and manage planned change requests for ICT work from internal and external sources. Work with Technicians to ensure test scripts and change control details are documented and adhered to.
• Regularly review Service Desk faults, documenting route cause analysis. Provide monthly performance reports on Service Desk activities. Attend review meetings and give regular feedback to technicians.
See Job Description for full details.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
• Excellent communication and customer care skills, be passionate about providing a great service
• A high level of professionalism in the work place
• Good computer skills, with specific reference to spreadsheets
• Experience of administrative systems and processes
• Ability to retain information
• Maintaining confidentiality of financial and personnel information
• Taking a pride in your work with attention to detail
• Passion and enthusiasm
• Good mentoring and support skills
An understanding of Financial Regulations, Contract Standing Orders and local, knowledge of Microsoft operating systems/software and a current driving licence would be advantageous.
This vacancy is open to both internal & external applicants.
Closing date: Midnight Tuesday 27th August 2019
All communication regarding this vacancy will be issued via email, so please check your email account on a regular basis.
If you have any enquiries please contact:
Julie Ann Edwards – Recruitment Advisor on extension 01785 898749 or Steph Cooper – HR Business Partner on 01785 898574.Supporting documents