Procurement Officer (2 Posts) - Ref: RT67919
Walsall Council’s Procurement Service is at the heart of a progressive Council, which is committed to serving the people and communities of Walsall. We are now seeking to recruit a number of highly motivated, committed, ambitious and experienced procurement professionals to fill a range of roles.
Our vacancies have arisen as a result of investment to expand the role of the procurement service to operate at a strategically, enabling the Council to put the right things in place to meet customer needs and outcomes, in a manner that reduces waste, maximises efficiency and delivers value for money and savings across the Council.
Walsall Council is a great place to work. Our workforce are proud to be here, understanding and respecting our values as an organisation whilst delivering effective and efficient services to our residents every day. Our workforce strategy recognises that the success of our organisation depends upon attracting, developing and retaining talent and having the right infrastructure and rewards approach in place in order to do so.
If you are passionate about delivering high quality, customer focused procurement services and want to achieve great things in a supportive environment that offers opportunity and challenge in equal measure, Walsall Council is should be your employer of choice.
Procurement Officer – 2 posts (Ref: RT67919)
- Salary: £29,343 - £33,464 per annum (G8)
- Closing date: 28th August 2019
Please read the Job Description and Employee specification for more details on the role as well as the document titled ‘Joining the Walsall Council Procurement Team’ for more details about the team and some guidance to support your application.
Working as an integral part of a team of experienced procurement and contract management specialists you will provide effective and efficient specialist procurement advice, project management and lead on the delivery of compliant complex procurement processes, in partnership with a range of key stakeholders, to ensure successful delivery of procurement activities in relation to designated service areas/or categories
You will provide sound advice and innovative procurement solutions that reduce waste, maximise efficiency, achieve best value in procurement and enable delivery of savings efficiency across the whole Council.
- Significant experience of independently leading and delivering complex major procurement projects, in partnership with key stakeholders, in accordance with European Union (EU) Legislation and Public Contract Regulations.
- Knowledge of European Union (EU) and Public Contract Regulations, procurement best practice, social value, localism, sustainability in procurement and contracts, governance and risk management of projects
- Experience of successfully negotiating on major procurement projects and contracts
- Experience of producing and delivering procurement work plans and projects, on time, in a complex and challenging environment.
- An understanding of project management tools and techniques
- A degree or equivalent and CIPS Level 4 Diploma (Industry Specific Qualification)
Walsall is a great place to work, with much to offer and extensive regeneration, having recently delivered a newly rebuilt hospital and college, development of the Walsall Waterfront offering new residential accommodation, hotels and leisure facilities and is seeing ongoing investment in its town centre and retail provision. As an employer we provide an attractive employment package that includes:
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering (for this post) a minimum 27 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all our employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for our staff and customers – we aim to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities we serve
We advertise vacancies because we want the best talent available. If that's you, we're waiting for your application.
If you would like to hear more about the role or talk to someone about how to apply, please get in touch. You can either send an email with your query – or schedule a phone call by emailing Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.orgSupporting documents
Job Description & Employee Specification
Important - Information for Applicants