Box Office Support Officer
22.0 Hours per Week
Solihull Council have an excellent opportunity for a Box Officer Support Officer to join our team at The Core Theatre, our busy multi purpose arts venue in the heart of the borough.
As Box Office Support Officer, you will:
- Use a variety of IT systems including our specialist Ticketing System (ProVenue Databox) to ensure accurate set up and sales of the Core’s shows and workshops.
- Be responsible for updating the Core Theatre website and venue diary software (training will be given)
- Deal confidently with customers and provide excellent customer service in relation to booking enquiries including changes to shows, cancellations and rearranged events.
- Carry out a range of general administrative duties including basic finance administration, highly accurate data entry and coordination of the staffing rota.
- On occasion, cover the front facing Box Office desk and process booking enquiries.
You will have:
- Experience of using specialised systems / software in a customer facing environment e.g. CRM systems or Box Office Systems.
- Proven IT skills, including the use of Word, Outlook & Excel
- Experience of dealing with members of the public & resolving queries.
- Ability to write copy for a range of media including excellent spelling and grammar e.g. writing copy for website and publicity material, emailing partners, letters to customers etc.
- A proactive problem solving approach to customer service with the ability to extract relevant information from a variety of sources.
Our talented team enjoy the fast-paced theatre environment where no two days are the same, so an interest in Theatre, the Arts or other Community-provision would be an advantage. In return you’ll be part of a small friendly, busy team working in this thriving Solihull venue. Your high standards of customer care will be hugely valued by our hirers, performers and audiences of all ages and you’ll play a key role in entertaining regional audiences at The Core.
We also offer:
- Opportunities of career progression
- Flexible working, including flexi leave and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including a staff discount card
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Diane Scruby, Marketing Manager on 0121 704 6962.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Interview Date: Wednesday 18 September 2019
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification