Membership and Finance Officer
National Governance Association has an opportunity for a Membership and Finance Officer to join the team based in Birmingham. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and receive a competitive salary of £18,000 - £25,000 per annum.
The National Governance Association aims to represent all school governors and trustees in England; there are over 250,000 governors/trustees, one of the largest volunteer groups in the UK. We are an independent charity that aims to support and promote good governance in our schools; we do this through lobbying, via a range of contacts with ministers, policy makers and education organisations. We also run national conferences, and a number of regional events.
Benefits of joining us as our Membership and Finance Officer:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Employer pension contribution of 7%
Key responsibilities of our Membership and Finance Officer:
- Ensure the membership onboarding journey is seamless and ensure welcome packs are sent out in a timely manner.
- Respond to all membership enquiries and issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist with the regular review and update of member communications and the FAQ section of the website.
- Ensure members are receiving and benefitting from their membership subscription through the reporting function of the CRM system.
- Provide a telephone answering service/online support service to ensure all membership enquiries are dealt with professionally/transferred to the appropriate member of staff.
- Assist the Business Development Process and ensure the successful onboarding of Group subscriptions for Local Authorities and Multi Academy Trusts.
- Identify and contact lapsed membership subscriptions on a monthly basis to encourage business retention.
- Actively promote the benefits of the Gold membership to members and encourage upgrades wherever possible.
- Issue monthly membership invoices and reminders for new and existing memberships.
- Assist with the credit control function, issue statements and chase outstanding payments for membership renewals and new customers.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations and Finance Manager to ensure payments are recorded correctly on Sage 50 and membership accounts are validated/activated on Sage CRM as required.
What we’re looking for in our Membership and Finance Officer:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer service environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience of providing support via an online helpdesk and over the telephone.
- Knowledge and experience of working with databases and CRM systems.
- Experience in providing effective and efficient administrative support to an organisation.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent administration skills within a busy office environment.
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
Closing Date: Monday 9th September 2019 at 9.00am
Interview Date: Wednesday 18th September 2019
If you feel that you are the right candidate for the role as our Membership and Finance Officer or would like to find out more information about the role, then please click ‘apply’ now. We’d love to hear from you.