ICT Operational Delivery Manager
Post Ref 1033868
ICT Operational Delivery Manager
Do you have a track record of Operational Delivery within a diverse operational ICT team?
Are you a strong leader who can motivate people and communicate well at all levels? Are you able to get the most out of people in order to deliver ICT & Digital Services?
Coventry City Council are recruiting for an enthusiastic individual with a pro-active mindset to work alongside experienced operational technical staff in an agile environment to deliver IT services to citizens, corporate users, schools, libraries & adult education.
The Operational Delivery Manager will manage the day to day operational delivery of ICT services as well as being the primary point of contact for the business and working with strategic partners and suppliers to ensure a seamless service delivery.
• Being primary escalation point for significant issues.
• Working closely with Strategic Deliver Managers & Service Desk to ensure quality customer experience.
• Working on a mixture of BAU & project workstreams to provide robust service delivery & excellent customer journey.
• Communication with regard to live service issues with operations, customers & project teams.
What do you need to have?
• A well organised approach with attention to detail
• Extensive working knowledge of technologies in use such as Skype, Office 365.
• In-depth knowledge of ICT Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements.
• Ability to lead project or major incident teams in a matrix managed environment handling both the technical detail and stakeholder management aspects.
• Strong customer service, teamwork and communication skills
• Enthusiasm, creativity and curiosity
What do we offer:
• A flexible and creative working environment. With access to flexible & remote working.
• Empowerment to get on with the job and bring your ideas to fruition
• Being part of a multidiscipline ICT & Digital team
• A supportive learning environment that values different perspectives
• A commitment to innovation and change
For an informal discussion around our requirements feel free to contact Jas Sandu or Tracy Ledwidge on 02476 787777
Working Hours: 37.0 Hours per Week
In return, we can offer you an excellent pension scheme, 'MyCar' scheme, flexible working, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse communities we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers.
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
When recruiting, we review candidates against our Behaviour Framework . To find out more information about the Behaviour Framework please click here.
Need help with your application?
If you would like support in completing your application, then help is available at the Job Shop.
Coventry City Council’s Job Shop is a free service for all Coventry residents. Come in and see one of our dedicated advisers and receive 1 to 1 support.
We are open Monday-Friday 9.15-4.30pm (Thursday 10.30)
Address: 1 Bull Yard, Coventry, CV1 1LH
Phone: 024 7678 5740
Website: http://www.coventry.gov.uk/jobshopSupporting documents
Job Description & Person Specification .pdf