Service Administrator (4736)
Barnardo's Early Years and Wellbeing Service, commissioned by Birmingham City Council, is designed to provide all families of pre-school children with accessible, community-based services in their own homes, GP surgeries, children's centres and a number of other community venues such as places of worship or libraries, with extra help available to those that need it. Led by Birmingham Community Healthcare Trust, this service sees the integration of health visiting and children's centre teams as part of a drive to give every child in Birmingham an equal chance to have the best start in life so they can achieve their full potential.
The service will:
- support children to lead healthy lifestyles with advice on healthy diet and staying active;
- ensure children develop well physically, emotionally and socially
- help keep children safe;
- advise families on parenting and emotional wellbeing and offer extra family support when situations are challenging;
- support communities to develop accessible services that families really want by creating opportunities to listen to local people and develop new services together.
We are looking to recruit a full time Service Administrator to work within the Birmingham locality.
It is essential that you have:
- Proven substantial office experience.
- Proven substantial experience of using IT packages including word processing, spread sheets, databases, Windows applications.
- Experience of operating financial systems including petty cash, budget monitoring and control.
- Experience of premises/facilities management.
- Experience of dealing with members of the public and other agencies.
- Experience of managing staff.
- Experience of managing complex financial systems including financial reporting and audit.
As this role will involve locality working, you must be able to travel independently throughout Birmingham and the surrounding area.
For an informal discussion regarding this role, please contact Linzi Harris, Resources Manager on (0121) 550 5271.
When completing your application please refer to your skills knowledge and experience in relation to the Person Specification, Job Description and Additional Information document. This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described.