Homeless Support Officer
Working in housing can be incredibly rewarding as you can make a real difference to peoples’ lives. We are delighted to have received funding to appoint an experienced housing professional to develop our existing service provision, focusing on supporting people at risk of homeless and those at risk of rough sleeping, to both prevent and to relieve homelessness.
Homeless Support Officer
12 Months Fixed Term Contract
£21,589 - £23,836 per annum
The post holder will be expected to provide assertive outreach, to assess needs and any underlying causes that may result in the customer becoming homeless, advising on options and ensuring their needs are met.
This job role will involve working with those at risk of homelessness and helping customers who are sleeping rough to move off the streets and into emergency accommodation, to create a pathway plan into sustainable housing that includes addressing barriers to re-housing. To deliver a pre-tenancy programme for those living within emergency accommodation,
The post holder will be required to work in partnership to provide an integrated homeless prevention programme and to attend meetings and liaise with outside organisations as required.
The post will cover both our Malvern and Wychavon districts.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- To be customer focused and dedicated to providing an excellent service
- Have previous experience of working in a housing or customer service environment
- Be a team player who can work well with others and is able to innovate / act on own initiative whilst being responsive to the needs of others
- Have good I.T. skills
- To be able to prioritise a varied workload
- To be able to deal with difficult situations in a calm and caring manner
- A sound working knowledge of housing including welfare benefits and the underlying causes of homelessness and associated needs such as mental health, substance misuse and alcohol dependency.
- Advising and assisting all customers on complex housing matters relating to homelessness with a focus on partnership working. An aptitude for working with people who may display challenging behaviour and be experiencing difficult circumstances
For further information about the role, please contact Elaine Salter, Housing Services Manager on 01386 565241 or Gay Lloyd, Principal Housing Officer on 01386 565292
Closing date: 8th September 2019
Interviews: 16th September 2019Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification