Forestry Officer / Arboriculturist
37.0 Hours per Week
Solihull is well known for its wealth of green spaces, parks, grassed areas, woodlands and urban trees. The future of our green infrastructure is very dependent on our ability to manage these areas and assets in the right way, with the right people and skills in place to ensure Solihull is even greener for future generations to come.
To help us achieve this we are looking for a skilled arboriculture officer to join our Forestry Services Team.
You will have
- Experience and knowledge to successfully manage both rural and urban tree stock and woodlands.
- A deep understanding of the value that trees can offer, not only the immediate visual and environmental benefits, but the wider value trees have on our climate, health and economy.
Above all we want to find someone with a deep passion for trees and the environment. Someone with the right core values to make a difference in Solihull.
In return, we offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including a staff discount card
Most importantly, we offer an opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and the environment.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Chris Barr, Head of Public Realm, on 0121 704 6540.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Interview Date: w/c 16 September 2019
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Not Required.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification