Senior Social Worker - Fostering Team
Senior Social Worker - x1 permanent post
Develop your career in social work at City of Wolverhampton Council’s Fostering Support Service by supervising a number of Social Workers, meeting the needs of Mainstream and Connected Carers and Special Guardians within the framework of the Fostering Regulations and related Minimum Standards.
This is an exciting time to join us, as an Ofsted ‘Good’ rated service, we are committed to providing the best care and support to our children and families and our employees.
We are a forward-thinking and transformational council working hard to improve outcomes for families, taking pride in our work we also offer our employees excellent training and fantastic avenues for progression, all with a highly competitive salary.
The post holder will:
• Manage a mixed caseload, including challenging cases that involve vulnerable children and families with complex problems.
• Provide direct line management including supervision and appraisal to an agreed cohort of team members.
• Supervise and support the professional development of social work students.
• Co-work cases with less experienced/non-social work qualified members of the team and take responsibility as part of that process, for sharing knowledge and developing their learning.
• Champion Restorative Practice within their team and service.
These posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
As part of the interview process, candidates will be required to undertake:
o A Children’s panel interview
o A written exercise
o A panel interview
For further information on these posts please contact: Mick Lloyd (Team Manager) on 01902 553077 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on working in Social Care for City of Wolverhampton Council please go to: http://www.cityofwolverhamptoncouncil.co.uk/socialcarejobs2019/
You will be notified on the outcome of your application form as soon as possible after the closing date.Supporting documents
Job Description and Personnel Specification